Reviewing Soap & Glory's "What a Peeling" De-clog Mask


Hi lovelies, so today I want to talk about this beauty that Soap and Glory kindly sent me with Happy Ever Lather Book club merch last week. I wanted to review this face mask to see if it actually de-clogs my pores. 



On the back of the packaging (which is super cute) it tells you to wash your face and dry your face before use, this is to make sure your pores are open so the mask can attach to any nastiness that's in your pores. Then it tells you to place the mask all over your face with the spreader it comes with (the little white stick in the top picture). Once this is done it tells you to leave it on for 20-25 minutes and then peel it right off then wash your face once complete.

Okay, can I just say the mask smells super amazing! I couldn't stop smelling it. There is nothing worse than something that doesn't smell nice that is supposed to go on your skin. So thank you Soap & Glory for making this product super sweet and flowery. The product is like a super bright pink which sums up S&G so well.


So once I placed this on my face, I noticed that it didn't feel sticky on my face or watery, it just felt like a soft texture which spread easily across my face. Now most of the product needed to go on my T zone, my nose and my chin because that is where most blackheads are on my face so these areas looked more covered than others. Once it was all applied, I set my timer for 30 minutes, just to be sure that it was going to be as dry as I was expecting it to be. Whilst it was drying I just watched Cat Fish TV on MTV. Who doesn't love that show? 

So after 30 minutes, I checked to see if the mask had dried, most of it did apart from the middle of my checks. Let me just say this happens to me on any peeling face masks, my cheeks tend to take a lot longer than the rest of my face so I think that's just my face being stubborn not the product. So I waited another 10 minutes till it dried (which it did). 

When it was the peeling stage, it come off like a treat, it did not hurt at all. It just peeled right off without any problems. On the peel you could see impurities that it had pulled out of my pores which I was not expecting because no other face peel I've used has ever worked, but this one did. Obviously deep pores are hard to get out so it did miss a few places but it still worked! After that I then washed my face with cold water to close up my pores to try and stop any impurities getting into them again. The mask left my face soft and smooth and refreshing. My face actually felt de-clogged!

Over all I can honestly say I really liked this face mask, and I think I will be purchasing it on my next boots shopping trip. It was everything it said it was which I am rather surprised about because sometimes products can be a little different than what is advertised, but this is actually amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. You can get this double set for only £4 at Boots or on the Soap & Glory website. I personally think it's a bargain. So if you fancy a good pamper night, then go and grab one of these. It is just perfect for a good cleanse!

Anyway that's my blog for today.

Thank you for the support lovelies!

Love Chelsey x  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Favourites

The Body Shop Product Review

October Birchbox