How to Clean your Beauty Blenders and Makeup Brushes


Who doesn't love a clean beauty blender or makeup brush? cause I do! Today I'm going to share with you all the ways I clean my benders and brushes and to give you tips on how to clean yours. So lets get into it...





Okay so first I am going to talk about how I clean my beauty blenders, as you can see these are dirty but once I explain what I do to make them clean I will show you them when they are clean. So first of all I soak my blenders in water (it doesn't matter whether it's warm or cold) until they have fully expanded to the actual size (which you will see the size difference once they are clean). Then I get a bar of soap, it doesn't really matter what type, any will do and I use it to scrub the blender onto it. Whilst I rub the blender onto the soap, I place it under the water so any dirt on the beauty blender is washed away and then I squeeze the blender, letting all of the water and soap come out. Once this is done, I then get some hand wash or body wash (anything that wouldn't harm your skin) and I squeeze this into the blender to get the access dirt out of it and then I rinse it under the water again making sure I get every little bit of dirt out. You will know when it is clean internally, when there is no longer any bubbles coming out of it. Once this is all done I make sure I rinse the blender out fully by draining the water out and then getting a towel and dry them up a bit.

Once that is all done they will eventually look clean and fresh like they do now! Just look at the size difference when they are dampened. They are literally double! Anyway this is what they will look like once those steps are done. Good as new!



Then going onto my brushes, to clean these I use the Official B. Beauty Makeup brush cleanser (shown in the main blog photo at the beginning). This product is actually amazing for cleaning brushes and it is also antibacterial which is super needed when you use brushes for makeup. It's a 125ml bottle and I'm pretty sure I brought it for £5 from Superdrug and it has lasted so long! Anyway, so I use this product and cotton pads to clean the brushes and all I do is spray the product on the pads and brush the brussels on the pad until all of the dirt comes off. I keep doing this with every brush. Once they are all clean after a bit of elbow grease, they look good as new!


So that is how I clean my blenders and brushes, nothing too hard just a simple routine. I love cleaning my makeup accessories, it's just nice seeing them clean on my makeup desk. I hope you learn something from this blog, I wanted to share with you my way of cleaning them. So I hope it has come in use.

That's it for my blog today, I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know your thoughts on these techniques on my Instagram (Link is Below):

https://www.instagram.com/_chelsey_xo/


or you can comment on this blog post if you don't have Instagram.

Anyway that's it for today!

Thank you for all of your support.

Love Chelsey x















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Favourites

The Body Shop Product Review

October Birchbox