Reviewing The Body Shop Shea Collection


Who doesn't love a bit of Shea? Today I will be talking about the shea collection from The Body Shop. Talking about what their formula is like, the texture, the fragrance etc. So let's check them out …


Here we have the shea nourishing whipped- lotion and the shea body butter. The lotion is £8.50 and I had the body butter for free but I think the price of this is £5.  The size of the lotion is 250ml (8.4fl oz.) and the butter is 50ml (1.69oz). Which I mean is quite a bit of product but the 50ml butter is a small tub but is full. Anyway on to the product, the lotion is a hydrating texture, it's watery but not too much. It spreads quite far with just one pump and soaks into your skin pretty quick. The fragrance has a strong smell of shea which I am super happy about because there is nothing worse than a product with not much scent to it. You can smell a mixture of oils in this product and on the back of the bottle it does state in the ingredients that it has a few oils in it like sunflower oil. But these make the fragrance smell beautiful! The fragrance lasted a while also when I put it on my arms, I could still smell it on my skin before I went to bed and I put it on at about 3pm. So I was impressed by that. Onto the butter, so I used this on my legs and this was a lot more thicker than the lotion and it smelt just as good as the lotion. The texture of this one was very buttery, soft and spreadable. My legs felt quite soft after using this product but it didn't help with my dry skin at the back of my legs, it was still a bit too dry. But I think it is still a good product for main areas of your body like your legs and arms. In this butter you can smell a hint of cocoa, which I love! So there is a slight difference between the lotion and butter fragrance.


On to the hand cream, The packaging was quite small but it has 30ml (1.0fl oz.) of product inside which isn't too bad, but I brought this for £3.75 whilst the 25% offer was on but the original price is £5! For that I don't think the amount of product you get is worth that full price but I think it is worth like £3 odd which I didn't mind paying for. Anyway the formula is such a nice delicate cream and it absorbs into your hand pretty quick which is a good thing, no body likes sticky hand creams. The fragrance has more of a creamy scent to it than the other two but you can smell the shea in it definitely. It left my hands feeling soft but not too soft which I like because having really soft hands goes through me so I have to have my hands just nicely softened but not too much.

So overall I personally think the shea collection is really nice and it's definitely good for a shea lover! I also think the sizes of the products would be good as small present for someone for Christmas in a gift bag or as stocking fillers as its getting close to Christmas now only 96 days to go! So whilst the discounts are on have a look at what you could buy for your loved ones or yourself. The Body Shop Christmas collection is being released soon so keep your eye out on the website!

Anyway that's my blog for today! I hope you enjoyed the review and I will see you on the next blog.

Thank you for all of your support!

Love Chelsey x  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Favourites

The Body Shop Product Review

October Birchbox